It’s okay to be nervous about your first class, but you shouldn’t be! Your first class will likely be the most challenging, but it is also the most important. Here’s what we’ve put together to help you get ready for your first class to go into it with confidence and come out feeling excited and eager to take your next!
What Is Lagree Fitness?
Lagree Fitness is a 40-minute high intensity, low-impact, full-body workout. The class incorporates slow, controlled movements to engage the muscles in the body with resistance and tension to achieve maximum results.
The workout is performed on a machine called the Megaformer. The machine utilizes springs and pulleys to create resistance that targets the slow-twitch fibers in your muscles. The Megaformer creates a workout experience that sculpts long, lean muscle and burns fat at a high rate.
Here Are Some Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your First Class
- Don't be intimidated. It’s common to feel overwhelmed before your first class, but we promise you will do great. Everyone was once a “newbie,” and our instructors are trained to help first-timers get the hang of the workout quickly. We recommend arriving 10-15 minutes early to introduce yourself to the instructor and ask questions.
- Dress for success. Comfortable, workout attire is recommended. (Think: yoga pants or leggings.) You don’t want your shirt falling over your head while moving your body in odd ways! And remember, there won’t be much time to change between sets, so make sure to bring a towel because sometimes it gets pretty sweaty.
- Be prepared to sweat (a lot). Lagree Fitness is a high-intensity workout that leaves even the fittest people drenched in sweat after a 45-minute class. The room will be slightly heated, and because it’s low impact, more of the heat will be coming off your body! Don’t forget to bring a towel and lots of water.
- Do not eat (a lot). Before Class Try to take your class on an emptier stomach or eat something light with protein or carbs about two hours before your class (no sugar).
How to Prepare for the First Class
Do you know the secret to preparing for the first Lagree class? Here’s a hint: it’s all about your attitude. If you come in with the right mindset and are ready to have fun, you are good to go!
Here Are Some Tips to Help You Out in Your First Class
- Focus on yourself only. Don’t worry about how anyone else is doing. You will be able to go at your own pace. It will be challenging, but you can do it!
- Listen closely to your instructor's cues and directions. Try not to get distracted by other people or how you're feeling. Pay attention so that you can make every move properly.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. If something hurts or doesn't feel right, tell your instructor. They want to make sure you get the most out of every workout, so they'll happily help you modify a move or give you extra pointers.
- Modify exercises when needed and take breaks when necessary. There's no shame in taking a breather when needed; this is your body and your workout, so do what feels right for YOU!
- Stay hydrated before, during, and after class. You'll sweat a lot during this workout (drink up!), especially if it's hot in the studio or outside. And make sure to drink lots of water after class too!
- Have fun! This is not an easy workout, but you will get more out of it than just a lot of sweat if you have fun while doing it.
After Your First Lagree Class: What to Expect
- Some soreness. After your first class, you may feel some aches and pains, especially if you haven’t worked out in a while. This is completely normal, as the Megaformer activates 85% of your muscle fibers, which is more than traditional Pilates or any other workout. Your body needs time to adapt to this new stimulus, so be kind to yourself, get some sleep, and drink plenty of water. Also, foam rolling your muscles afterwards can help alleviate any soreness.
- After class health benefits. You will feel better instantly! The Megaformer workout tones up and lengthens muscles while burning fat, increasing stamina, and improving flexibility. A single workout will burn up to 700 calories. Combine this with a healthy lifestyle, and you will soon notice significant changes in your body composition.
What Are the Benefits of Lagree Fitness?
The Lagree Fitness Method is a safe, effective, and efficient workout that takes your fitness to new heights. Here are the long-term Lagree Fitness benefits you can expect for your body and mind.
- Better strength. The Lagree Fitness method trains every muscle in your body, from head to toe, through continuous tension combined with high repetition. This resistance-based training method builds lean muscle and increases strength.
- More flexibility. Through slow, deep stretching and targeted movements that elongate the muscles and increase range of motion, you’ll foster flexibility and mobility long after you step off the Megaformer. You’ll feel more agile, too!
- Better balance. Megaformer workouts are constantly changing, so you will shift in various planes of motion while engaging multiple muscle groups. This unique sequence will help improve your stability and coordination while increasing your proprioception.
- Stronger core. When you perform exercises on the Megaformer, you’re strengthening your glutes and abs and working the smaller muscles in between. The result? A stronger core that helps support good posture and proper form in other types of exercise as well!
- Enhanced cardio. Lagree workouts elevate your heart rate and build stamina as you hold positions for 45 seconds. This helps you perform more extended exercises with less rest time while increasing your endurance.
- Overall, feeling like a superhero. If you’ve ever tried Lagree super slow or Megaformer fitness, you know how tough it is to push through 45 seconds on each position to rest for 15 seconds before moving on to the next one. But when you do finish the class, there’s an overwhelming sense of accomplishment that stays with you throughout the day.
There's no need for a long and heavy workout session when you can do a small and efficient workout to increase your strength and flexibility, thanks to the Lagree Fitness Method. So what are you waiting for after this detailed explanation of the Lagree before and after?