First Question: What is Lagree Fitness?
Lagree Fitness was founded by Sebastien Lagree, a visionary in the fitness industry. He created this system to include all five important components of physical fitness: endurance, cardiovascular fitness, body composition, flexibility, and strength.
The Megaformer is a one-of-a-kind machine that is used by individuals to perform Lagree Method exercise moves. It contains tension-controlling springs, a moving carriage, hanging straps, and pulleys that enable a variety of balancing and strength-building maneuvers. The Lagree Method, like other weight-training regimens, focuses on slow-twitch muscles. Your slow-twitch muscles are in charge of more endurance-based activities that attempt to get your muscles shaking through various holds and longer time under tension, all while getting a full-body workout. A typical Lagree class consists of blocks of work that target each section of your body before focusing on the muscle groups that make up those areas. For more information on the Megaformer, see our article "Megaformer vs Reformer".
For example, you'll start with a Core block of work that seeks to wake up your intrinsic core stabilizing muscles while also firing up your entire body through various plank-based movements. After that, you'll do a Lower Body block, which focuses on unilateral and bilateral exercises using gradual 4-count motions, holds, and pulses. After that, you'll do your upper body, obliques, and core finisher blocks. Graduation courses can last anywhere from 40 to 55 minutes, depending on the studio, and you'll be guaranteed to feel the shakes in places you've never felt before!
Okay, So What is Weight Lifting?
Exercise that tries to increase the strength and size of skeletal muscle groups is weight training, which is one of the most common types of exercise. Gravity-based equipment like weight stacks, bars, and dumbbells are used to counteract muscular force created by the eccentric and concentric contractions of the muscles.
There are many different types of weight lifting and strength training, and the variations between sets, tempos, and reps are all dependant on the client's overall aim.
So Why is Lagree So Popular?
Unlike typical strength training activities such as weight lifting and cross-body, Lagree fitness focuses on low-impact motions to increase lean muscle growth. It accomplishes this by increasing your stamina and muscle oxygen capacity.
Lagree, like weightlifting, allows your body to burn calories throughout the day, even after your class is over. Yes, you read that correctly. Work for 40-55 minutes and get a burn that lasts for hours? Uh, yes!
What should you expect from a Lagree class? SHAKES. From beginning to end, the workout causes your muscles to tremble and your heart rate to rise. You can also expect each lesson to be tailored to the specific needs of each student depending on their prior experience and injury history. The class moves at a sedate and steady pace, but the 40-55 minute sessions fly by with exercises that test not only your physical but also your mental power. Prepare to train your muscles through their complete range of motion in a short period of time while achieving muscle failure.
So Tell Me 5 Ways Lagree is Different From Weightlifting.
Let’s look at the benefits of the Lagree Method.
- Lagree provides a total-body workout. Experts in the field of health and fitness are increasingly recognizing that full-body workouts are far more helpful for overall health and fitness than isolated activities. That's exactly what this pilates-inspired workout accomplishes. Megaformer is used to target the entire body, ensuring that no muscle area is overlooked. In the long run, your entire body will feel stronger.
- Lagree is appropriate for people of all ages. Overuse, injuries, and joint pain are just a few of the reasons why someone in their mid-40s or 50s might be looking for low-impact workouts. Many people still want to feel energized, but they can't handle the effect of a more severe strength workout. The Megaformer provides a low-impact, high-intensity workout. Individuals can get a workout that is personalized to their needs and fitness level by adjusting spring loads and making modifications to certain activities.
- Lagree provides a well-balanced workout. Lagree does not place a greater emphasis on one part of exercise over another. Muscle strength and endurance, body composition, cardiorespiratory endurance, and flexibility are all included in this program. Traditional workouts may encourage you to 'balance things out' the next day by targeting the opposite muscle group. Every time you attend a Lagree class, you will receive a complete and comprehensive exercise.
- Lagree is suitable for all body types. The Megaformer's customizing options are virtually limitless. You have control over the spring load tension as you go on the machine, so you can adjust it to your liking.
- Lagree stresses the importance of proper form. Throughout this pilates-style workout, great attention is paid to keeping proper form. You get more control over your body movements and range of motion this way. It's not uncommon to pick up incorrect form habits while doing traditional workouts, resulting in muscle gains you weren't looking for. Even minor deviations from the optimum movement can cause the expected effects to be disrupted. Form is everything on the Megaformer.
In the fitness world, the Lagree Method continues to make leaps and bounds in popularity. People can't stop raving about this life-changing method that is popping up in cities all over the world.
Are you ready to take on the challenge? Join us at Lagree Fit 415 to experience the Mega shakes and experience the method we can’t get enough of.